Investment Promotion Division
The Investment Promotion Division(IPD) is committed to promote Kiribati as a conducive investment destination. It collaborates with government agencies and stakeholders to provide up to date investor information to further create and maintain a professional, efficient registry system and data of foreign investors to increase Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
Objectives of the IPD
- To encourage and facilitate foreign investment in Kiribati through promotion missions, seminars, tours and dissemination of published information including on the webpage and direct correspondence with prospecting and current investors.
- To promote Kiribati as an investment destination to foreign investors through identification of potential investment opportunities and help establish investment projects in the country.
- To ensure that all foreign investors operating in Kiribati are registered and adhere to their terms of registration as required by the foreign investment act 2018 and subsidiary legislations.
- To help foreign investors successfully establish their investment projects in any of the productive economic sectors in line with the Foreign Investment 2018 and regulations.
Key Functions of IPD
The Investment Promotion Division is mandated through the Foreign Investment Act 2018 to specifically perform the following broader functions:
- Performing prudent advisory roles to the Government, Foreign Investors and the people of Kiribati on investment matters.
- Assist foreign investors on areas of investment application, processes, procedures and registration of investment activities.
- Facilitate and promote foreign investments in Kiribati.
- Evaluate foreign investment applications for screening and registration
- Monitoring of foreign investment activities within Kiribati.
- Register approved foreign investment activities.
How to Apply
- Fill and submit the Foreign Investment Application Form in line with the Foreign Invest Act 2018 and regulations;
- The application should take into consideration the List of Prohibited ,Restricted and Reserved Sectors ;
- List of Prohibited ,Restricted and Reserved Sectors; Click here for list
- Foreign Investment Application Form;
For enquiries and more information on Foreign Investment application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Tekiataake Ruuka
Senior Investment Officer