LOCAL INDUSTRY PROMOTION DIVISION
The key functions and roles of the Local Industry Promotion Division are as indicated below:
- To promote the development of domestic manufacturing and processing of not only our local raw materials
- To explore possible importation of raw materials that can be added as input materials in the processing of new products
- To explore possible project ideas for manufacturing coconut value-added products that can lead into processing new coconut products
- To work on project ideas that could lead into the establishment of viable manufacturing local industries
- To encourage export of value-added products, industrial development and investment in areas such as fisheries, tourism, agriculture and creative industry (coconut products, music, handicrafts, etc).