Investment Promotion Division
Open Sector for Foreign Investments
- Offshore Fishing (12 nautical miles and beyond)
- Processing of fish & marine products
- Export of Aquaculture production
- Farming of marine resources (pearl, sea cucumber, milkfish, sponge)
- Sea-bed mineral exploration
- Fruit Processing
- All Coconut products
- Piggery farming
- Poultry farming
Information & Communication Technology:
- Telecommunication services
- Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) services
- Internet Service Provider (direct connection to satellite)
- Luxury accommodation providers (investment valued at or more than AUD$100,000 for providers located in Line & Phoenix Islands Group). Investment in this area is open for investors operating in the rest of the outer islands.
- Cultural Centre (joint venturing is recommended)
Other investment activities:
- Domestic inter-island shipping (specific to route servicing Southern islands in the Gilbert Island Group and Line & Phoenix Group).
- Air service between the Gilbert Island Group and Line & Phoenix
- Boatbuilding for inter-island going boats/vessels for passenger and cargo only.
- Financial services, Banking & Insurance
 Comply with Fisheries Act and regulations
 To comply with Telecommunication Authority of Kiribati